Featured White Papers
Diameter Routing – Overview
As IMS and LTE infrastructures are deployed, new elements such as policy servers, gateways, session controllers and charging systems are interconnected and interwork via the Diameter Protocol to facilitate the exchange of information. The rapid proliferation of these adjunct network devices, together with the exploding appetite for extreme bandwidths caused by the escalating use of mobile devices and applications, has created the requirement to manage enormous increases in signaling traffic within the network. The sheer volume and complexity of Diameter traffic places staggering demands on core signaling elements. The reliance on voice and data services by an increasingly mobile population hinges on dependable communications between network elements. These issues have spawned a new category of network components known as Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSC).
The SEGway Universal Diameter Router (UDR) fully leverages PT's portfolio of IP-centric and advanced network routing hardware and software technologies with the expertise gained by a long history of deploying carrier grade network signaling solutions.
The SEGway UDR utilizes PT's "Total Solutions Approach" and provides comprehensive, purpose built Diameter Signaling Controller solutions. The "Total Solutions Approach" includes hardware platforms, operating systems, routing engines and a variety of diameter routing capabilities.
The Diameter Signaling Controller solutions provided with the SEGway UDR include:
- Diameter Routing Flexibility – Route on any Attribute Value Pair (AVP)
- Inter Network Security – Diameter Network Topology Hiding acting as a GSMA defined Diameter Edge Agent
- Intra Network Security – Supports both Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Internet Protocol Security (IPSEC)
- Subscriber to Subscriber Database correlation – Diameter Subscription Locator Function
- Consistent approach to subscriber Policy Control – Supports multiple PCRFs (IP-CAN) Binding
- Communications between networks of disparate technologies – Supports Diameter InterWorking Function(IWF)
- Universal Diameter Router: SEGway Solution Overview
- Universal Diameter Router: SEGway Product Overview
White Paper Downloads
- Controlling the Diameter Edge: Your Path to Network Efficiency, Increased Revenues and Reduced Churn!
- Diameter Routing Agents: Your Guide to a More Efficient LTE/EPC Network
- SS7 Maintainability and Evolution to Diameter: Keeping the SS7 Network Viable while Migrating to LTE/EPC/Diameter
- Increase Your Diameter Routing Efficiency: SS7 Experience – Key to Diameter Network Success